Friday

eun yeoung jeong






one day when i was doing my internship at the heidi lowe gallery, heidi came home with an amazing photography book, treasures from the kingdom of fungi. the book is full of images of beautiful mushrooms and we decided that they are kind of like nature's jewelry for whatever they are growing on. yes, i know that sounds totally cheesy, but if you think about it, it is also totally true.
my jewelry inspiration of this week is eun yeong jeong's mushroom series. when i first saw this work i actually thought that it was ephemeral jewelry made from real mushrooms. it wasn't until i read the description of materials, that i looked closer and realized that they are hand fabricated. her transformation of metal into soft natural forms is flawless.
i hope you find these images inspiring.


1 comment:

  1. Anonymous3:14 PM

    Hi how are you?

    I was looking through your blog, and I found it interesting, and inspiring to me, so I thought why not leave you a comment. I have a blog also obviously and would like to invite you to become my blog friend...?

    I mostly post about my Southern California experience through my art, and a Latino male perspective. Maybe you can become my pal, and follow, and I can also follow you, if that is okay. Well I hope to hear from you soon...

    ReplyDelete