Wednesday

Excited For Fall!

Most years I am the first of my friends to pull on my cardigan, crack open a pumpkin ale and wait for the leaves to turn (usually at least a month too early). But this year, due to all of my hard work in the studio and lack of time outside enjoying the pacific northwest, I still have my fingers crossed for an Indian summer. While I may not be rushing sweater-weather this autumn, I am very much looking forward to the coming months for a few reasons. First I am beyond excited to be teaching my first class at North Seattle Community College, starting in just a few weeks. This semester I am going to be teaching Beginning Jewelry, if you are interested in learning the basics of jewelry fabrication you can sign up online and join me Monday nights! Over the next few months I will also be busy preparing for my show at Ghost Gallery opening in December, it will feature the jewelry and installations of Dixie Darling and myself. (I'll be sure to post progress photos). And what better way to soak up some inspiration than backpacking the Kalalau Trail, in Kauai which is another big event that I have planned for this fall. Right now things are looking pretty good, may not need that Indian summer after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment